Eggs are inexpensive and yummy. They contain few calories but are rich in proteins, healthy fats, vitamins, trace nutrients, and minerals. How you cook your eggs can either dampen or enhance their nutrients.
Watch this video and learn 3 ways to make healthy eggs:
How do you cook your eggs?
Eggs can be prepared in several ways, such as:
Cooking an egg makes it safer for consumption and makes its nutrients (e.g., protein) easier to digest. But it can also lower their antioxidant as well as vitamin content.
Tips to prepare incredibly healthy eggs
- Use a low-calorie method for cooking. Poaching and Boiling are great methods to use if you want to reduce your calorie intake.
- Mix them with veggies – this is perfect for scrambled eggs or omelets.
- When frying, use oils that are stable at heightened temperatures.
- Buy the most nutritious eggs within your price range.
- Don’t cook your eggs for too long; the longer you cook them, the more nutrients they lose.
In conclusion, to get the most from your eggs, use a low-heat method and don’t overcook them.